How many of your favorite beers can you buy for $100? Enough to last through the chilly fall Washington weather, that’s for sure! We’re calling all beer lovers, tough guys and girls, and competition-lovin’ folks to compete in a stein hoisting competition this Monday, September 12th at the 10 Sports Bar!
All that stands between you and $100 of cold hard cash is a one-liter stein full of beer. Do you have what it takes?
Introduced in 2011 by Samuel Adams, the annual stein hoisting competition is held in celebration of Oktoberfest (the world’s largest beer festival and traveling fun fair) that takes place in Munich Germany.
The rules are simple:
- Contestants must hold stein in one hand with their arm fully extended and parallel to the ground (no bent elbows).
- Contestant’s other arm must not support the body in any way.
- Contestants must maintain upright posture, no leaning.
- If a contestant sips or spills beer from their stein they are out of the contest.
- All contestants must be 21 years of age or older
Our own stein-hoisting event will take place on Monday September 12th at the 10 Sports Bars, with registration beginning at 5pm. The competition will feature two divisions, one for men and one for women and will kick off at 6pm when all the steins are filled with brews and competitors are ready to fight for the title of stein-hoisting champion.
Winners will go home with $100 in cold hard cash and will be entered for a chance to win a trip to the 2017 Oktoberfest celebration in Munich Germany!
Here’s a little bonus! Take a look at what happened when Sam Adams and Jimmy Kimmel teamed up:
Are you ready to be the champion? See you on Monday!